|Next||An Endless Battle|
2x Phonograph Cylinder
October 15, 1886 - District of Whitechapel
“Never Accept. Always Question.” -Sir Perceval
Galahad, Lafayette, Igraine, and Perceval travel to Whitechapel and split up into pairs.
After Igraine and Perceval pass through a door, head up the stairs with Lafayette. Pick up and observe the pipe, then head down the stairs. Speak with Lafayette, then Galahad will nail the rebel with the apple. Lafayette will knock out the man, then you’re free to proceed to the next area. Go down the stairs into the shelter instead of going up the stairs (there’s nothing up there). Down here you’ll find a flyer and a door that leads to a small rally. A rebel preaches the injustices of the crown, asking the crowd to join him in rebellion. Galahad and Lafayette sneak out and head down an alley to find a woman under attack.
Galahad knocks out her assailant. Through her cries, Galahad learns that Jack the Ripper has killed another woman. After you’ve spoken with the woman, walk to the end of the alley to inspect a newspaper. Run back to Lafayette, and use the Stamford Lockpick to break into the door. The easiest way to unlock all three sections is to turn the the R stick counterclockwise until the pin is pushed up in the lock and the vibration of the controller eases. Enter the building and your guns will be confiscated. Walk around the brothel to find a photo of a woman, a letter, and a rebel’s armband. Galahad will notice that something’s wrong, and Lafayette will get them a room. After they fight with a man, head out the door and climb the wall on the left then jump across to a painted ledge on the left. Pull yourself along, drop down to the lower ledge, then pull yourself up onto a small roof and run through the path.
Eventually you’ll jump onto another ledge. Instead of pulling yourself up through the doorway, scoot along to the left and pull yourself up to the slanted roof. Here you’ll find a chest that’s hiding a Phonograph Cylinder. Grab that, then scoot your way back to the doorway. Grab another Phonograph Cylinder off a crate in the corner, then turn the wheel by the door to clear the sack blocking the ledge. Climb across, enter the window, and run down the stairs. Shoot the two rebels and enter the room on the left to get a pistol. Collect some guns and grenades in the next room then jump out the window. Climb over the ledge, then jump onto the slanted roof to make it back down to the street.
While Galahad and Lafayette observe the hanged doll queen, they’re attacked by more rebels. Take cover and prepare yourself for a few waves of enemies. Once they’re cleared out, head into the building on the left and go upstairs for a new grenade and the M84 Marksman Carbine. Exit the building and you’ll run into another small fight. Afterwards your path will be blocked by a cart, so you’ll have to go up the stairs to the left. This next section has a particularly long firefight, so make sure you’re stocked up on ammo and grenades.
Toward the end of this battle, several rebels will appear on the balcony in the far left corner. Throw a grenade up there to easily get the Collateral Damage trophy. After the fight help Lafayette push the cart against the wall. Climb it, then run into the building on the left to inspect a rebel flyer. Get back on the path and climb up to the roof to trigger a cut scene. Galahad and Lafayette can finally have a visual on the hospital, and also spot their comrades who are under heavy fire. Galahad calls in a request for air support, which is approved after using morse code with the TS-28 Monocular.
Continue on through the ruined rooftops and jump across to another building. Upon entering, pick up the doll on the right (he looks a little familiar) and then continue down the stairs. Take out the rebels then you’ll meet up with Perceval. Somehow, the rebels have gotten their hands on The Order’s weapons. Perceval leads you to a storage room filled with top notch weapons, some of which are just a few weeks out of development. The mysterious thing is that the Order has not reported any of its inventory missing. Galahad, Lafayette, and Perceval run to help Igraine with some rebels, giving you the chance to test out the M86 Thermite Gun. After the inspector foolishly runs out into the street, drag him out of the street and shoot rebels as you go.
Galahad will be shot, but he’ll use the Blackwater to recover. Inspect the map on the bar before you ignite the furnace. Follow your team out into another combat zone. After you clear the area, help Perceval with the cart then take out the bridge with thermite. Take an immediate left in the next building to enter a room with a newspaper. There’s nothing else in the building, so head outside to meet with your team. You’re right at the doorstep of the hospital, but it’s infested with Lycans. Your air support will drop a beacon that agitates the Lycans, giving Galahad and Igraine a chance to infiltrate the hospital.
- Get to the Hospital undetected.
- Head through the alleyway.
- Find a way to the Hospital.
- Fight through the rebel ambush.
- Find a way through the rooftops.
- Locate Perceval and Igraine.
- Locate airship Sentinel 5.
- Use the monocular to signal Sentinel 5.
- Ignite thermite into the distillery.
- Get the constable inside.
- Help Perceval with the cart.
- Plant thermite on the bridge.
- Use the Underground to get to the Hospital.
There are a total of 14 collectibles in Chapter 3.
- Newspaper #2: At the beginning of the chapter, turn around immediately and search the area behind you. You can find the newspaper on a wooden crate in the back of this area.
- Object #3: After assisting your teammates removing some rubble, there will be a short cutscene where the group travels through a gate. Now follow your other teammate, he will go up some stairs and break a barricade to enter a building. In this building you can find the object on the right side.
- Document #4: After the mini-cutscene where you toss an apple at an enemy, go downstairs into the homeless shelter. You will find the document at the end of the room.
- Newspaper #3: From where you spoke to the woman head to the end of the area (before going into the next building). At the end of the area is the next newspaper on a barrel.
- Photograph #2: Enter the brothel and look to the right of the entrance.
- Object #4: After entering the brotel, look for the roulette table in the center of the room.
- Document #5: In the brothel, where your teammate is waiting, look for the object on the table.
- Phonograph Cylinder #2: (Sons and Daughters of Britain) After escaping the brothel you will be on the rooftops. You will have to jump over to a room with a crank in it. The crank must be used to move some rubble out of the way. Before moving on to the next area, be sure to search the room with the crank to find this Phonograph Cylinder.
- Phonograph Cylinder #3: Same area as the previous Cylinder. After using the crank to move the rubble out of the way drop down to the ledge and move all the way to the left (not to the right as the story requires you to). This will bring you to a hidden rooftop and there in a chest is the phonograph cylinder.
- Document #6: Quite a bit later (~15 minutes later) after the huge battle in the courtyard you have to move a cart together with your teammate. Do so and climb up the cart, then go into a building on the left.
- Object #5: Shortly after the last collectible you will have to make a big jump from one rooftop to another. Enter through the window and you will find a little Sackboy puppet (from Little Big Planet) on a cupboard on the right.
- Document #7: When one of your teammates gets wounded and you help dragging him to a safehouse you can find the document in said safehouse.
- Newspaper #4: After using thermite to destroy a bridge you have to jump over to a balcony of a building. Enter the building and inside (on the top floor where you enter) is the last collectible of this chapter.